Saturday, December 5, 2015

Copic Coloring: Playing with Red


I am new to coloring and copic markers. I tried red once before but I saturated the paper to much and it spread outside of the lines... So, I gave up to red intimidation.

I decided to go away from brown for my fireplace and to try again. This time I laid down my lightest shade of red and did my shadows with the darker shade. Finishing it by going back with my lighter shade. I used only two reds for each color.
The lighter being Copic Marker Colors: R22 & R46. 
The darker being: R46 & R69

I found that using two shades of red worked for me. 

Other Copic Colors I used:
Skin: E00, E11 & R20
White: C1
Coal: C1 & C3
Green: YG17, G09
Blue: BG53, BG57

I found this super cute digital stamp from Kadoodle Bug Designs

I used a free file in Cricut Design Space and Cut it out with my Cricut Explore. Most of the time I upload my digital stamps to Cricut Design Space and then use the print and cut feature. However, for this project I did not.

Instead: I took the image out of the zipped folder and copied the digital stamp into a new folder. I selected print and printed this in 4x6 not stretching  it to fit and it works perfectly for this base.

I did nothing special except for adding Stampendous Shaved Ice to the parts I wanted to look a bit fluffly.

I cut out the title using my Cricut Explore.


Video trailer on Youtube



Thanks for your visit today!

This is linked in the following parties:



No comments:

Post a Comment