Friday, April 29, 2016

Jungle Themed Shadow Box: Wedding Gift





Hello Friends! Today is my day on the Kadoodle Bug Designs blog. I'm sharing this jungle themed shadow box that I made for my best friend. She is getting married this Sunday. I used her actual invitation and then decorated to match it.

I made my giraffes out of cardstock because I needed them big and wanted them to be the main focus of this project. Mulberry paper is best used for 5 inch embellishments or less. My best friends favorite animal is giraffes, so that was an easy choice.

I then added other zoo animals that I made furry using mulberry paper and a process that is called tear bear.

I added green Petaloo flowers and large gems. The background paper is the Zoology collection by Bo Bunny. I used the 6x6 paper pad. I adhered everything to a 12x12 piece of cardstock, put it in my frame and added sequins. 

I had a minor problem with sequins falling out of my shadow box frame. I used some tape of the bottom corners to fix this problem.

I uploaded files from Kadoodle Bug Designs to Cricut Design Space and cut out the patterns  with my Cricut Explore.







I had so much fun making this. It took many hours but it was well worth it!
Thanks for visiting today.













No comments:

Post a Comment